Alzheimer’s, courtesy of the Alzheimer’s Association
- Safety Center – provides helpful travel and disaster-related information for people traveling with or suffering from dementia. Also, download the traveling Safely guide, which provides more useful information for people traveling with a person with dementia.
ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), courtesy of the ALS Association
Arthritis, courtesy of the Arthritis Foundation
- Travel Tips for Kids – guidelines for traveling with children; though most of this information applies to adults as well.
- Travel – practical advice for traveling with arthritis.
Autism, courtesy of Autism Speaks
Cancer, courtesy of the American Cancer Society
Crohn’s & Colitis, courtesy of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
- Traveling with IBD – information on how to locate a doctor, travel with prescriptions, and how to handle emergency situations and other things to consider when preparing to travel.
Cystic Fibrosis, courtesy of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- CF Travel Tips – CF newsletter discuss issues a person with cystic fibrosis may consider when preparing to travel.
Diabetes, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association
- Air Travel – information on how a person with diabetes can prepare for air travel.
- More Information on Air Travel – locate information on what you can bring with you, addressing special concerns, and what to do if you encounter problems.
- General Travel Tips – information on locating English speaking doctors abroad, crossing time zones, and eating on the go.
Epilepsy, courtesy of the Epilepsy Foundation of America
Juvenile Diabetes, courtesy of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International
Headache, courtesy of the National Headache Foundation
Hemophilia, courtesy of the National Hemophilia Foundation
Kidney Disease, courtesy of the National Kidney Foundation, Inc.
- Travel Tips – This guide talks about when to travel, getting care while away, and what to do in an emergency.
- Travel Tips for Kidney Patients – This book, from the National Kidney Foundation Store, talks about preparing for travel, eating right, and getting dialysis while on the go.
Lupus, courtesy of the Lupus Foundation of America
- Traveling Made Easier - If you enjoy traveling, you may worry that those days are over because you have lupus.
Muscular Dystrophy, courtesy of the Muscular Dystrophy Association
Multiple Sclerosis, courtesy of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Parkinson’s Disease, courtesy of the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation
Spina Bifida, courtesy of the Spina Bifida Association of America
- Recommended Reading – The SBA recommends the following sites for information on automobile and air travel for people suffering from spina bifida.
- Travel with a Disability – see how travel is now easier than ever for people with disabilities.
Stroke, courtesy of the National Stroke Association
Tourette Syndrome, courtesy of the Tourette Syndrome Association, Inc.
- Air Travel with TS – information about traveling by air with a person who has Tourette Syndrome.